Industry Ed with Richard: Quick Tips Series
Here are a few quick tips that can be helpful when implementing small updates to your home or doing a complete overhaul. I will be providing insight on solutions and practices based on my industry experience.
The Galley Sink
The Galley Sink is completely changing how a kitchen functions. The galley sink is a long, industrial-like sink, that can get up to 7 feet in length, and has many sliding boards and compartments that serve multiple functions so that you can get most of your food preparation and cooking done while standing in one place.
What makes this sink so cool?
- All of your food preparation as well as your clean-up can be done in this one sink.
- It minimizes the need of additional counter space.
- It functions best when placed at the island; this allows you to work in the kitchen while still being able to socialize.
- It comes in multiple lengths, from 3′ to 7′, whichever best fits your kitchen size and needs. Its recommended that you use a 4′ or above for optimal use.
- It is also recommended that a cook top be installed next to it to keep your cooking and prep all in the same place.
- To find out more, check out the galley sink website.