“Like many other Wegner chairs, The Papa Bear Chair seems to refer to the animal kingdom with its characteristically playful and organic design. The chair received its name after a critic had referred to its armrests as ‘great bear paws embracing you from behind’. In the later years, The Teddy Bear Chair has been one of the most popular Wegner designs of all.”
Window treatments are both luxurious aesthetically and functionally, and are often times the last thing added to the room. When your window treatments, curtains, valences, and cornices have seen better days, it’s time to try these window treatments trends to shed some new light on your space.
Considerations when planning to install or updated window treatments:
- How often do you plan to open and close them? Is this something you will do daily or mainly on the weekends?
- Do you need sheers so that you always have sunlight, but still have privacy?
- Will they need to provide total darkness?
- Will the window treatment need to protect against draft?
- Organic Material- One of the most popular window treatments is the natural woven shade in bamboo and matchstick. They let in diffused light; they provide privacy while still allowing you to see what’s going on outside.
- Luxe Fabrics- Luxury fabrics key in this category are silks, velvets, damasks, fur, leather and suede. While the overall design trend leans toward simplicity, this trend will remain popular with those who desire embellishment and luxury.
- Sleek Lines- Simple, sleek lines are dominating window fashions in everything from flowing drapes to chrome decorative hardware. Creating sleek silhouettes against a window instantly lends a clean, modern look to any window and room. A quick way to get truly streamlined treatments is with popular panel-track systems. Unlike their ugly vertical blind precursors, panel-track systems are made of fabric or woven-wood panels and can be used as room dividers or on window walls or doors.
- Bold Prints- Stripes and bold prints, bright florals that attract traditional tastes and graphic geometric patterns that offer youthful spunk are some of the bold prints being seen on windows lately.
- Update Sheers- Yes, Sheers are still popular, but they are a world away from the fussy, frilly and lacy ones that the word sheer brings to mind. The “new” sheers have subtle iridescence and are interwoven with unexpected materials, or have embossed printed patterns on contemporary headings.
- Roman Shades– Roman shades continue as a favorite for contemporary homes. Who can resist their clean lines and the options for amazing patterns? Because they are a flat construction the fabric needed is much less than full drapes. This allows you to upscale your fabric choice and make a real statement. These work especially well in kitchens, eating areas and bathrooms.